CAD type simulation
software like GWIS relies heavily on the Floating Point processing capability
of a PC processor. This is determined by the number of Cores, Floating Point pipelines
and processor speed(MHz). GWIS also likes lots of fast RAM with low latency to solve and draw large systems at great speed.
- GWIS is built on Microsoft .NET and will thus be compatible with any Windows platform with .NET installed. Windows Vista already has .NET pre-installed.
- GWIS 7 requires 256Mb RAM to install.
- GWIS 7 requires a Windows screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768 pixels. We recommend a graphics resolution higher or equal to 1280 x 960.
- GWIS 7 works on normal or wide aspect ratio screens.
- If some of the GWIS panels do not appear on the right hand side of the screen, your graphics system is not 100% compatible with Windows . This can typically be found in low end on-board graphics solutions of some laptops. GWIS has been tested to be compatible with Nvidia & ATI graphics solutions.